The Hatsune Miku GT project, the racing team run by fans, has reached its 10th anniversary this year! In celebration of the project’s 10th anniversary, Goodsmile Racing has launched a special site with new exciting announcements to share. Featured on the site is all the Racing Miku designs to date.
The artists for each year are as follow, from left to right: redjuice, Yuichi Murakami, GAN, saitom, Oguchi & Shigeto Koyama, Taiki, Mai Yoneyama, Tony Taka, and Hiro Kanzaki.
Firstly, a special 10th anniversary exhibition will be held at Akiba CO Gallery in Akihabara on May 30th~June 17th. Secondly, due to various requests from individual sponsors and fans, the past Racing Miku will be getting new merchandises! Stay tuned for more details!
Lastly, a memorial photo contest will be held, where the contest is divided into three categories.
Ten Years Memories of Races
- Target photos: Racing machines, drivers, and racing venues (excluding Racing Miku Supporters) from 2008 to 2018
- Entry period: May 30th~June 17th (until 24:00 JST)
- Voting period: June 18th~July 10th (until 24:00 JST)
- URL: https://www.smartcontest.jp/system/goodsmileracing/pc/?contest_pk=61
Ten Years Memories of Racing Miku Supporters (Racing Queens)
- Target Photos: Racing Miku Supporters from 2008 to 2018
- Entry period: August 10th~September 9th (until 24:00 JST)
- Voting period: September 10th~30th (until 24:00 JST)
- URL: https://www.smartcontest.jp/system/goodsmileracing/pc/?contest_pk=65
Ten Years Memories of Figures/Goods
- Target Photos: Related figures and goods from 2008 to 2018
- Entry period: November 1st~25th (until 24:00 JST)
- Voting period: November 26th~December 20th (until 24:00 JST)
- URL: https://www.smartcontest.jp/system/goodsmileracing/pc/?contest_pk=66
- The first and second places for SNS prizes will be decided by votes
- The Director & Drivers prize will be selected by the team manager Ukyo Katayama, and the drivers, Nobuteru Taniguchi and Tatsuya Kataoka
- The Miku Supporters prize will be selected by the Racing Miku supporters 2018 (Racing Queens)
- The Aki prize will be elected by the entrant representative Takanori Aki.
First launched in 2008, the project has long been running under its slogan “the racing team run by fans”. With supports from fans and sponsors worldwide, the team has conquered over three championships in the last decade (2011, 2014, and 2017, respectively). The next round of this season will soon take place at Suzuka circuit this weekend on May 19th~20th. Fight, GSR!