Happy 9th Birthday, Hatsune Miku!
It’s now August 31st in Japan, marking the 9th anniversary of Hatsune Miku’s release. For the past 9 years, many unimaginable events were made possible thanks to the support of Hatsune Miku fans worldwide. This year’s anniversary also means her 9th birthday to many fans, with many fascinating highlights from the past year waiting for us to reveal:
- Hatsune Miku: Magical Mirai 2015 at Nippon Budōkan in Tokyo
- Hatsune Miku’s live performance at MUSIC STATION’s 30th anniversary event
- Hatsune Miku x Namie Amuro official MV “B Who I Want 2 B”
- Snow Miku appointed as the PR ambassador for the 2017 Sapporo Asian Winter Games
- Hatsune Miku & VOCALOID phenomenon featured in an official textbook study at Oxford university
- Korean Hatsune Miku Fans celebrated Miku Day (3/9) by buying subway billboard space for 4 weeks
- Hatsune Miku’s Ievan Polkka cover song featured in LG’s G5 phone commercial with Jason Statham
- MIKU EXPO Let’s Go Campaign & Hatsune Miku Expo 2016 in Japan, North America, and Taiwan
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone release in Japan
- First year to held an official Snow Miku & Yukine outfit design voting in live stream and web poll
- Hatsune Miku featured in Glico Japan Pocky Commercial
- Hatsune Miku x Sony Xperia collaboration for Xperice device owners exclusive ringtones
- Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live global release announced
- Hatsune Miku collaboration with Adobe for Creative Cloud Photoshop tutorials
- Hatsune Miku Symphony orchestra concert
- Hatsune Miku starring in Lux commercial featuring Scarlett Johansson
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X global release
- Hatsune Miku V4X VOCALOID software release
On this most special occasion of the year, fans celebrate Hatsune Miku’s 9th birthday with illustrations, cakes, dolls, figures, cosplay, and much more, while some launched collaboration projects over the web to celebrate together, such as the art collaboration launched by @mikumikucollab on tumblr and the Hatsune Miku’s birthday celebration with three sunflowers campaign launched by Agonasubi and MayoRiyo on Twitter.
UPDATE: SEGA has also released the 9th anniversary wallpapers available here!
Below are some illustrations by Pixiv illustrators in celebration of Hatsune Miku’s 9th anniversary.
初音ミク生誕祭2016 by がおう
響け！ by KyoD＋@ミクラブ
(One of the submissions for the Hatsune Miku’s birthday celebration with three sunflowers campaign launched by Agonasubi and MayoRiyo on Twitter)
8月31日 by red flowers
miku Happy birthday？~~WTF!？ by 千夜QYS3