The Snow Miku 2016 website received a large and exciting news update today covering many topics, so we’ll try to summarize them below. The Snow Miku Festival is a joint collaboration with the yearly Sapporo Snow Festival, and will be open from February 5th until February 11th JST.
Possibly the largest of the announcements is the reveal of an official collaboration with Love Live! School Idol Project, a highly popular Japanese multimedia project that has went on to produce various albums, video games, music videos and even an anime series.
Similar to last year’s collaboration with Madoka Magica, there will be Love Live! snow sculptures carved alongside the Snow Miku sculptures. Additional collaboration details will be announced later, but we can likely expect various goods to be produced with this theme. The above illustration with Snow Miku 2016 posed with the μ’s was created to commemorate the special collaboration.
After being teased a few times in promotional videos, the full Snow Miku 2016 theme song, along with a cute music video, is now available on the official Hatsune Miku YouTube channel!
Artist comments will be posted here in English soon.
At least 30 different types of official Snow Miku goods have been announced for Snow Miku 2016, far too many to picture here in the article! So please check the full product list on the official goods page. Here is a text list of all items in listed order:
– Snow Miku Plush Snow Owl Ver. / 3700 Yen
– Snow Miku Keychain / 1800 Yen
– Hatsune Miku Pinched Strap Snow Owl Ver. / 600 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Full Graphic Trainer / 10800 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Mobile Pouch / 1700 Yen
– Beat Blizzard Snow Miku Full Graphic T-Shirt / 6400 Yen
– Beat Blizzard Snow Miku Flat Visor / 4500 Yen
– Beat Blizzard Snow Miku Reversible Messenger Bag / 6900 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Rabbit Yukine Plush / 3000 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Rabbit Yukine Plush Strap / 1500 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Clear File Set / 2000 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Acrylic Keychain (Set of Six) / 3000 Yen
– Event limited Snow Miku 2016 Mat Sleeve Set / 1500 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Smartphone Gloves / 1300 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Rubber Mat / 2500 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Aime Card / 500 Yen
– Snow miku 2016 Jumbo Cushion / Prize Item
– Snow Miku 2016 Crunch (Milk & Strawberry) / 1000 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Cheese Bar / 800 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Lottery Card / 150 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Badges/Pins / 300 Yen
– Karent Album “Kirayuki Reflection” / 1500 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Mini Flag / 800 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Random Charm / 600 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Shopping Bag / 1000 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Jumbo Rubber Strap / 650 Yen
– Snow Miku Clear File (Snow Festival Ver.) / 350 Yen
– Snow Miku 2016 Sticker / 300 Yen
– Nendoroid Snow Miku Snow Owl Ver. / 5500 Yen
– Figma Snow Miku Snow Owl Ver. / 6000 Yen
The Thriller Karaoke in Sapporo and their partner stores are also teaming up with the Snow Miku festival by opening up a Snow Miku room, where you can order various foods with Snow Miku inspired flavors, as well as some additional Karaoke-only goods. The menu items and goods will be available at all store venues from January 18th until February 29th JST. The Thriller Kraoke central store will remain in operation until March 31st.