Sapporo International Short Film Festival and Market is holding a video contest for Vocaloid Music videos with the support of Crypton Future Media. The history of this festival starts as the CGM Award, but was renamed to UGC (User Generated Contents) Award in the 9th SAPPORO Short Fest to celebrate Hatsune Miku’s 5th anniversary, and since then has screened various promotional videos from a wide range of artists and producers.
All the submitted videos and films are previewed by the selection committee, and some works will be chosen for an official UGC Award of SAPPORO Short Fest 2014. Those videos and films will be screened at their main theater, and will give a grand prize for the UGC Grand Prix and two winners of UGC awards.
- The singing synthesizer software has to be used in the work.
- The images have to be original works.
- Copyright has to be clear with illustration and music.
- The length of the video or film has to be within 30 minutes.
- The video or film is published on the website.
- Resolution of the video must be more than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- A director or a group of directors can submit only one video or film.
Last year’s winners
Submissions are open from July 18, to August 31, 2014 15:00 JST and can be submitted here (instructions in both Japanese and English).